Signs of Autism
Understand the Signs for Autism Spectrum Disorders
The following signs may indicate your child is at risk for an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- No big smiles or other warm, joyful expressions by 6 months
- No back-and-forth sharing of sounds, smiles, or other facial expressions by 9 months
- No babbling by 12 months
- No back and forth gestures such as pointing, showing, reaching or waving by 12 months
- No words by 16 months
- No meaningful two word phrases by 24 months (not including imitating)
- Any loss of speech, babbling or social skills at any age
If your child exhibits any of the following or you have any questions related to your child’s development, please don’t delay in asking your pediatrician or family doctor for more information.
Your child’s health is our priority.